you knew this was coming

Dear Cat-haters,
I am sorry that you are so unaware of how awesome felines can be. I am sorry that you have embraced the stereotype the world has thrown on you that if you are a cat person, you are some sort of loser/loner. (totally false, right? I mean, look at me! I'm awesome!) I am sorry that you do not get to experience the great joy that cute, adorable kittens can bring to life. But mostly, I am sorry for the entire cat-community when I think of the lack of love they receive on a daily basis.

Puppies get all the limelight and what do cats get? Oh, a musical named after them. A musical no one even cares about anymore. Great. Life just isn't fair sometimes, is it cats?

People always give cats a bad rep because they say they are less "loving" than puppies. But maybe that kitten that mulled your arms all up with it's claws was just trying to play. Or maybe you just really deserved it.

Cats rule because they do what they want and don't apologize for it. They say "heck yes, I'm going to sleep on the armchair for 14 hours today! And no, you cannot sit here even though it is your favorite spot, because guess what? It's now MY favorite spot. Suck on that." You go, cats.

All it takes for a cat to be fine is a clean litter box (that's right, they are smart enough to go to the bathroom inside. take that, puppies!) and some Friskies. Occasionally they would like a belly rub. Sometimes they want to purr and let you scratch their ears. But mostly, they just want you to acknowledge how awesome they are and admire them from a distance. I respect that.

Also, who says you have to choose cats OR dogs? I happen to love both and see no problem with that. It's like chocolate & vanilla - both are delicious, so why battle between the two? Just make a twist cone & it's all good. (Although a puppy & cat twist cone might be slightly less delicious)

I hate to be antagonistic, but I hope this letter has prompted all you anti-cat folks to rethink your erroneous ways. I think I speak for cats everywhere when I say that all they want is love. and your favorite sweater to snag. Seriously though, cats are simply looking for someone to take the time to care and reach out to them.(but don't reach out too quickly or they might paw your hand and then bite you)

with friendly feline feelings,
emily

0 comments:

Post a Comment