under the weather

today's a sick day (meaning it will consist of me snuggled in my bed with tea, tissues, cough drops, cold meds and Hulu). Nearly everyone in my house has come down with something or another...I blame all the gray, wet icky-ness outside for everything.

I always feel kind of pathetic on sick-days though...let me paint you a picture: it is currently pre-7am and I am sitting in my darkened living room because I can't sleep due to my inability to breathe. The rain is pouring (seriously, I'm considering building an ark if this doesn't let up soon) and I'm making a list of really stupid things I don't need but really want as I come across them on the Internet (like this and this). I'm about to go wrap up in my snuggie (leopard print, naturally) and I'm wearing a men's plaid flannel shirt paired with flowery pajama bottoms. I probably won't put contacts in today and I'll maybe just live on peanut butter toast and leftover funfetti cake. Despite my copious amount of free time due to class-skipping, I'll probably spend it (very productively) watching youtube videos or surfing stumble-upon.

so yes, I'm a pitiful-looking specimen, but you know what I think? some days you are just allowed to be under the weather. I'll emerge into cheerfulness (along with matching clothes, although I can't guarantee anything) tomorrow :)

2 comments:

anna.michelle said...

you and Bob both on the ark antics.

enjoy your sick day -- they are GLORIOUS... God saying REST! I did so that you would know you HAD to.

emily morgan thompson said...

haha Bob Wells & I = same person.

thank you for your perspective (as always) anna :) I'd just be a sad sniffly lump without you!

Post a Comment