an Emily dictionary

sometimes I say weird things. But here's the fun part - we all do. I love little people-isms, you know? Like when you hear some exclamation and think, "oh, that's such a blank thing to say!" I love how everyone has their own expressions, and I love the way these sort of infiltrate our lives without our knowing it. There are certain things I always say that I've noticed my friends saying, and the other way around. Here are a few favorite strange words or expressions I find frequently escaping my lips:

Crazy-town: when something is absurd, or, well, crazy. Eric Cmar counted that I said this 7 times during lunch the other day, making me feel as though I should cut back.

Wowzers: again, an expression of disbelief, or just something I say instead of "cool".

Voms-ville or Barf City: When I think something is excessively disgusting. (I started using Barf City in high school and now all my friends from home use it)

That's WILD!: Not actually wild as in exotic or uncontrollable, but rather wild as in "that's crazy". This one isn't so weird, I just use it a lot.

Oh my stars!: a recent addition to my repertoire. I find it more amusing than "oh my gosh"

Bumskis: Not, as one might be led to believe, defective wCheck Spellinginter sporting equipment, but rather a phrase to indicate that something is a "bummer". (I think I potentially stole this from my teammate Carter, but I can't be certain)

Perfecto: because I like spanish and I like saying this better than saying "great!"

-zies: this is an ending I've recently come to adore, although it's probably annoying. Like when I see someone from far away and go "HIZIES!" or when I'm giving directions I might say "Go straightzies" (with inspiration from K-Doll & E-Boss)

[what funny words/phrases can you utilize today?]

1 comments:

anna.michelle said...

primarily this dictionary does one of two things

a) cites you as the nerd that you are [not a bad thing... we all love nerds]
b) demonstrates that your most frequent emotion is surprise and exclamation.

{both things for which i love you for}

i could go into your weird bit with cities but i'd rather take this time to affirm that 'zies' is an annoying ending =0

Post a Comment