dear gchat, I love you

If you have a gmail account and I'm on your contact list, you know that this is true. I'm on gchat a bit excessively. But it's soooo fun! It's basically AIM but cooler, so I can talk to people online and not feel like I'm in middle school and still swooning for Justin Timberlake (because I'm TOTALLY not....yeah, definitely not).

So in honor of my beloved gchat, I thought I'd post a few lines from some of my favorite gchats. This is all sorts of random, but just a few chats I remembered thinking were hilarious at the time:


E-BOSS (ellen b): oh my gosh i miss you
you're just so cool. you're like a ginny stevens

M-LO (matt logan): when you type slash instead of / it makes me think you are going to use a knife and cut something
me: good. i like to be unnecessarily ambiguous

FARAH: i know u have work to do....but i thought this random fact was semi exciting.... i was was watching a tv show today and i saw ur bedspread from last yr!!
me: YAYY!!!
what tv show??
FARAH: hahahahah...like something on mtv about a gross man(maybe a rapper?) finding love with a bunch of gross/trashy girls
but one of them had your cute bed spread
me: ewww sad. my bedspread is not for trashy girls

me: i can't believe you made ellen cry
Doogie: yeah. I'm not scared to make a girl cry

me: we should make all our friends change their statuses to what they like better: puppies or kittens
Kendall: YES

Taylor: did you see jake's dancing when they were on the street? heinous.
me: OH MY GOSH I KNOW
it was so hilarious
Taylor: I had to look away,
me: me too. i was embarrassed
Taylor: it was so bad, it made me uncomfortable.
me: i'm glad gia is gone though...she was nice, but it just made sense
Taylor: yeah, she was nice, but there was no chemistry.
me: truth
Taylor: vienna's going to win though.
me: ugh i hope not
Taylor: I'm going to be so mad
(talking about the bachelor...and guess what ended up happening. we knew it was a bad call)

Ellen Picker: dude i napped from like three to six today
and im still exhausted (typical)

me: i'm going to forward you an email i just sent my team because its funny and its about squirrels
Kendall: awesome. maybe i'll reply to it since your team never responds

me: let's just drop out of school and do that [we were talking about becoming professional old people]
Lauren: please?
me: there could be competitions
like on ESPN
Lauren: haha
what would the competitions be?
like who can eat the most tapeoca pudding?
me: hahah ohh good one
who can stay sleeping with the loudest televisions on
Lauren: haha
me: who gives the worst halloween candy
and of course, bingo competitions
Lauren: of course
who can tell the longest story?
me: ohh good one.
Lauren: ESPNold
or ESPNO

me: MATT! LOGAN! HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
M-LO:

Doogie: hey emily (this is when we were video chatting in the san salvador airport without sound)
how about I say something funny (he makes a weird face)
me: STOP (I laugh uncontrollably)
everyone is looking at me now
Doogie: hahahahahaha this is hilarious
me: hahahahahahahah i know
Doogie: this was my ulterior motive the whole time
me: i figured that.
some el salvadorians looked at me weird

Ginny: you are creeping me out right now (What I do all day, ere'day)

Maria: guys im going to the movies tonight in spanish
Eric: ive definitely never talked to people in two different continents at the same time
Kendall Serpe : it was so fun when i went maria!
Eric: we represent one half of the civilized world
Maria: yay! im excited, no idea what im seeing though
Eric: thats a big statement
me: spanish is the bomb
(notice how we ignored everything Eric said)

Kirsten: i have a whole lot of work that I don't want to do. i just want to read harry potter...

Kendall: MOST.EXCITING.NEWS.EVER
me: WHATTT??.......?!?!
Kendall: i got invited to a dinner with my fav chem prof!
me: hahahaha YAYYYY. i thought it was gonna be like you won the lotto....but that is exciting too...

Missy has joined
Nathan has joined
Kendall: did ya'll like me email?
Missy: um, BEAUTIFUL
Nathan: i didnt agree to this group chat
Kendall: too bad
Nathan: dont they have to ask permission or something?
Emily has joined
Emily: hi team!
Missy: EMILY?!
Nathan has left

me: how far away is TN?
Hannah: 7 hours and 48 minutes from wartown
me: ahh can i come visit????
Hannah: HELLZ YES YOU CAN
(then later)
Hannah: someday in your college life will you visit me
me: ahhh that would be SO fab. i do hope so.
perchances next year
Hannah: you can make perchances plural?
me: nope did that on accident
kinda like it though
Hannah: i'm a fan

RJ: why do you hate so hard :(
you are crushing my soul :(
and killing my dreams :(
if only if only emily would like my kind of music :(
that is what is going on inside me right now :(
i actually cried a little on the inside when I read your blog post :( (about hating country music)
me: RJ, I hope we can still be friends. i am trying my hardest to like country
RJ: i dont want to hear it
me: except that i'm not really

EBOSS: we watched new moon tonight
it was my first time seeing it!
me: it is sooooo good so good so good soooo goooooooooood!!!
I HAVE IT IN SPANISH FROM THE NICA BLACK MARKET!
EEEEK!
(Apparently I really like Twilight)

3 comments:

Missy said...

LOVE. When I saw "G-love" on your status, I thought it was a G-love and Special Sauce video or something (Check out Milk and Cereal if you haven't, yet), but this is way better.

Ellen said...

Doogie made me cry? I'm not remembering this.

emily morgan thompson said...

me either. I just found it in an old chat and thought it was randomly funny. I wonder what that was about. (I just looked it up again..it's from feb 21st. check your diary hehe)

Post a Comment