FINALS SURVIVAL part two: listen to good things

I need music in my ears to get through massive amounts of school work. If you have similar study patterns, let me suggest some tunes that I've been enjoying/aren't distracting/are just freakin' awesome and you should know them.

p.s. I most definitely stole this blog post idea from my friend Caroline :) She has similar music taste (which equals good music taste, if I may be so bold as to say that) and just a really fabulous blog in general, so you should click that link!


1) Jose Gonzales - Down the Line (I've got this on repeat. So chill and wonderful and I love his voice. If you like it, also check out his songs "Crosses" and "Heartbeats")



2) Ane Brun - The Treehouse Song (I love how unique and strange her voice is, and how unique and strange the lyrics are. I think this song has an avant garde type of sweetness...which is something I appreciate)



3) City & Colour - The Girl (I gave this song to my friend Ashley and I remember being in her car and she was like "Um, Emily...this song is AMAZING" and we had a mini-freak out over how incredible it is and how much we love this guy's voice and how we could listen to this 800x a day and never tire of it, etc. So yeah, listen to it. And check out Sleeping Sickness and What Makes a Man while you're at it)



4) KT Tunstall - Throw Me a Rope (mmm so sad and lonely and lovely)



5) Chamillionaire - Good Morning (I made RJ listen to this today. He flat out said that he was so wrong about liking country and that I had superior music taste...just kidding. but I'm pretty sure that is what he was thinking. Anyway, I'm obsessed this song. As in, had it on repeat as I got dressed this morning and danced all over my room to it and am still listening to it now. Thanks, HP, for recommending it! ALSO I'm sorry...this video might not be totally appropriate, but I just like the song!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment