keep holding on, Avril

alright, I'll admit it. I like Avril Lavigne. If you forgive her lapse of judgment for "Sk8er Boi", she has some pretty great songs. OK...never mind. Her songs are awful. But I still love her and I don't know why. Maybe it's the punk-rock middle schooler lurking somewhere inside my soul who makes me turn up my stereo full blast when I'm driving in my car and one of her tunes comes on, or forces me to grab that hair brush and jump on my bed to belt out "Keep Holding On" every now and again. And if you try to say that you don't do that too, you are a big stinkin' liar.
The past few days, I've been trying to increase my guitar-playing repertoire to include more than just Backstreet Boy's songs. So of course, I've been looking to Avril for some guidance. Nothing is better than chillin' in my room and screaming out "why'd you have to go and make things so complicated? YEAH YEAH!" or "It's a damn cold night! Trying to figure out this life!" (I do hope my parents know that I'm alright when they hear me singing up here...) Pretty soon I'll be adopting a Canadian accent and wearing studded belts and straight-ironing my bangs over my face. Mock me all you want, but in the wise words of Ms. Lavine: I'd rather be anything but ordinary, please.


(ps. watch the video below for a glimpse into my future life once I become the next punk-princess superstar. and once I learn more than three guitar chords.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment