the scooter lifestyle

Two of my good pals, Kirsten & Taylor, have recently created their own Scooter-gang. This means that they purchased two child-size Razor scooters and now ride them around everywhere they go. (Something that is, at times, hilarious to watch - especially last night when they surprised me in Alderman Stacks and exited by riding their scooters into the distance down the aisles of books)

I must admit, when they first started their gang, I was a bit jealous. I definitely remember when I was about 10 or 11 and I thought scooters were really cool. Consequentially, I also remember the day I stopped thinking scooters were really cool. It happened immediately after an event that went something like this.

little 10-year-old Emily: Oh hey, how cool is this silver razor scooter? I totally bet Lizzie McGuire has one exactly like this. OMG, look at me! I’m going down the driveway. HEY MOM! LOOK AT ME! I’M GOING DOWN THE DRIVEWAY!! DO YOU SEE ME? MOM, DO YOU SEE ME?? Yeah, this is awesome. I’m awesome. Justin Timberlake would SO want to date me if he could see how cool I look right now. Wow, this is kinda fast! Neat-o! Look at that puddle! I’m totally gonna go through it because that will make me even more awesome. OK, here I go! YAY that was so fun! I love getting splashed by puddles! Whoa, I am going really fast! Hey look, the driveway ends! Alright, time to break. Hey, why am I not slowing down? I think Taylor said something about not getting the wheels wet, but I thought he was just tricking me so that he would be the only one to look cool going through puddles. OH NO, I’m not stopping……I’m still not stopping……AHHHHHHH! (and that is when my inner dialogue cut off and I proceeded to hit a bump at the end of the driveway, fly off the scooter and skid across the pavement, unable to stop until I began rolling down the hill right across from the driveway that leads into the woods)

Moral of this blog post: never ride scooters through puddles. No matter how cool it might make you look.

1 comments:

zoe said...

you brighten my days with these blog posts. ILOVEYOU

Post a Comment