Ode to Velveeta cheese slices

I love you sixteen times
a single serving size-
o the joy of plastic skin & perfect squares!

The frying pan glares
and burnt bread defeats me
in the trashcan.

But you, my lovely portion-
you lay gently on the slices
and I cannot forget your ways.

I enjoy you day after day after day!
so simple & constant & pure-
in other things I cannot be sure...

that block of cheddar giggles in the fridge
remembering the last time I smidged & failed
to make a sandwich- but there you were!

Success! your grilled cheese makes me feel dance-y
I put you in tomato soup-
oh see! now I am fancy.




- my delicious meal of tom-soup plus velveeta cheese. I'm freakin' Giada de Laurentiis over here!

2 comments:

zoe said...

your poems put joy in my heart!
as well as when you abbreviate tomato soup ;)
xo

Sarah said...

this is really cute. I love cheddar cheese in tomato soup!

Post a Comment