funny things

As you may know, I enjoy a good laugh. Here are a few things that I've found humorous in the past couple of days:

1) This past week, my friend Katie Williams and I went to the SPCA to play with kittens. The best part was looking at the names of all the thousand cats they have there. My two favorites were: "Cleocatra" and "Julie Andrews", but there were others like "Peanut Butter Muffin Pie" (because just naming a cat "peanut butter" isn't cruel enough) or "Sprinkles" (he was a boy). I'll tell you, if you're ever feeling down, just pop on over to your local animal shelter and check out the names on all the cages - it is an undiscovered land of comedy gold.

2) I've been fantasizing about how wonderful it would be if it were somehow possible for me to learn Spanish in like less than three weeks while taking exams. That thought made me think of this SNL clip about a fourth-grade class re-writing a Mexican crime show. SO funny.

3) Not that long ago, my YL teammie asked me how many times I have fallen on grounds this semester (If you know me at all, you know I have a tendency to be klutzy). I remembered answering him proudly, saying "Oh, I haven't really fallen at all this semester!", thinking that this was some sort of victory. Today, however, I was quickly humbled back down by my lack of gracefulness. As I was walking down the steps outside Wilsdorf, I did that thing where you kind of mentally forget that there is a last step before you hit the ground and you freak out when you realize that your foot isn't hitting a solid surface when you think it should (please tell me I'm not the only one who knows what I'm talking about here). Although I didn't fall, I loudly exclaimed "whoa WHOA!!!" and flailed my arms in a dramatic fashion. I definitely heard some chuckles behind me as I walked away in a cloud of shame.

4) Ginny Stevens rockin' a Twinkie costume. Twice. In the span of less than three days.

5) Last night, my housemates and I started a discussion about cheeseburgers at 12:30am. We talked about them so much that we all started getting hungry for them, so the best thing we could think of to do was to make them. So we looked in the freezer and found some rando hamburger patties (nobody claimed them...it is a possibillity that they were there before we moved in). Then we went to the store (actually, three stores, becuase we couldn't find buns and cheese as easily at that time in the morning as we thought we could) and then came back and had a cook-out in the kitchen at 1am. It was hilariously random and wonderful, because cheeseburgers are my favorite food ever. And don't worry about the meat...it might be ancient, but none of us has died yet, so that's a positive.

here's to hoping you're finding something good to laugh about today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment