why you gotta be so cute, Justin Long?

You know how you can make fun of your sibling to no end, but then if someone else tries it, you're all "Hey! that's my brother you're talking about, you jerk!"? Well, that's kind of how I feel about my computer. I have an HP, and it's a very love-hate sort of relationship.

Mostly though, it's hate. Truly, I am grateful to have a computer. Plenty of people in the world do not, so I know that it's a blessing and a luxury. But honestly, HP - why do you have such a big stinkin' battery on the back that weighs 800 pounds? And why do you overheat all the time and practically scorch my legs and then have that loud annoying fan that goes WHIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR right when I'm about to write something really good, but then WHIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR and I can't remember what I wanted to say? Like right now, I can't even remember how I want to end this paragraph.

Mostly though, I think the reason that I sometimes complain about my computer is only because it isn't a Mac. Heck, I'll admit it - the top reason that I want a Mac is that I want to be cool. And all you Mac owners - I know that's why you got one. Don't lie.

The funny thing is, though, that I rarely admit this desire to be a Mac-person. I keep it pretty hidden. Sometimes I'll say something like "Geez, this computer is so freakin' heavy!" to a friend who will reply "Yeah, gosh it looks like it!" as they type on their fancy Macbook Air. And then I get all defensive and say something like "Yeah, well have fun typing on your flimsy trying-to-be-hipster stupid....stupid,..thing." because I can't even think of how to degrade their computer in an attempt to mask my boiling jealousy.

But seriously. Sometimes I just want garage band. I want that cute "bop bop" noise when you change the volume. I want that photo booth thing where you can take funny pictures. I want to have Justin Long be my spokesperson. I want to feel like I'm not from an alien planet when I take my laptop out in a coffee shop where I am surrounded by little light-up apples.

We PC-owners have a hard life. But the important thing is for us to stick together and learn to laugh at ourselves. Or plan some intervention where we kidnap Justin Bieber (I mean, if we can't have Justin Long....) and force him to star in commercials proclaiming that we are cool. I think that could totally work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment