I like when people wear pants

Dear girls-who-wear-leggings-24/7,

Hi. So I realize that I am one of the last people to talk about fashion with any sense of authority, but let's be honest with each other. Why do you feel the need to wear leggings every day, even though we know you aren't all going to the gym or preparing to take part in an 80's-exercise-video after you leave Spanish class? If it's cold enough outside to need something to cover your legs, maybe you should do something unconventional and, I don't know, wear pants?

Here is a valuable lesson that they don't teach you in school. LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS. Really. They aren't. They seem like pants. You certainly wear them as if they are pants. But the cold hard truth of the matter is they they just don't pass the test. Sorry.

I'm not going to lie, I've definitely done it before. You know, thrown on a big baggy t-shirt or a long flannel and just thought "ah, what the heck. I'll just toss on some leggings because they are comfy." Here's the thing though -after I leave my house looking like this, all I can think about all day is "oh hey. I'm not wearing pants right now." And that thought always leaves me feeling rather uncomfortable.

It's really nothing personal. It's not like leggings look all that bad. It's just something that irrationally bugs me, the same way I hate that cartoon Pinky & the Brain for no good reason, or how I want to punch people in the eye when they complain about how "gross" mayonnaise is. So, I'm sorry for taking out some rage on you. You don't really deserve it. I just wish you would wear pants sometimes.

sincerely,

Emily

1 comments:

anna.michelle said...

.Emily. i hate mayonnaise and love pinky & the brain so much that i often sing the theme song in my head or ask myself what i am going to do tonight, and respond, to myself, 'try and take over the world!'... is this why you haven't called me back in 10 years?

Post a Comment