instructions for a solo-DP

the solo-DP: aka, a solo dance-party, aka blasting music in your room and dancing like an idiot all by yourself. It's one of my favorite things in the world. Sometimes you just need to dance it out, you know? Here's a little tutorial.

1) have a crazy week. as in, submit your first application to a grad school (which leaves you on the verge of a panic attack because it makes you feel so old and unprepared for the "real world"), spend nearly 48 hours writing essays (literally. just write for a whole weekend straight and then see what happens to your mental sanity), finish two novels for class, fit in all your regular commitments around that, etc.

2) finish all of your crazy-week work (nothing like the feeling of release as your teacher grabs that paper out of your hands, all fresh and stapled and DONEzo)

3) GET YOUR GROOVE ON

song suggestions:

1) Passion Pit - Little Secrets (my classic go-to "freak out in celebration" song since the end of first year)

2) Flo Rida Ft. Katy Perry - Good Feeling (Last Friday) (because you need a fun mash-up)

3) Ke$ha - Blow (no DP is complete if K-dollar sign -ha is missing. I don't think I could show my face in public ever again if anyone knew my play count on this song)

4) Pitbull - Give me Everything (I luv Pitbull. No shame)

5) Kelly Clarkson - Mr. Know it All (because every good solo-DP involves screaming Kelly Clarkson at the top of your lungs as if you are actually Kelly Clarkson)

0 comments:

Post a Comment