creepy critters

Halloween is quickly approaching and I LOVE it. Seriously. I have this strange, unexplainable obsession with all things supernatural. Give me a good ghost story, a horror film, anything magical/bizarre, zombies, or Sabrina the Teenage Witch and I am a happy girl.

As much as I adore scary things, there is something that truly terrifies me.

Squirrels.

yeah. really.

Last year around this time, a squirrel stepped on my boot. Not I stepped on a squirrel - a SQUIRREL stepped ON ME. It was one of the top five most terrifying things to ever happen to me. I was just walking along, minding my business, and that thing came out of nowhere at me. Ever since then, I've had an all-consuming fear of those little critters.

Just to list a few, here are some things that scare me most about squirrels:

1) you just never know where they are going to run. Are they about to dart in front of your car? Are they going to climb that tree when you pass them on the sidewalk, or are they going to rocket with full force at your face?

2) They are plotting against me. I'm convinced of it. Sometimes when I'm sitting in the living room, I can hear them out in the driveway snickering to themselves and making strange squirrel-noises. They are probably whittling weapons out of sticks and acorns and making strategic plans to break into my room and murder me in my sleep.

3) They've got that sketchy-squirrel look. Their eyes are all buggy and dart all over the place, and I hate when they stand up on their back legs and they almost look human or possessed. SUPER creepy.

4) Squirrels spread the Black Death in Europe back in the day. (That is just a stone-cold fact)

5) Squirrels are the cause of nuclear warfare, global warming, and economic turmoil around the world. (Those might not be stone-cold facts, but they are probably true)


So on that note, happy halloween!
hope the squirrels don't get you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment