look how they shine for you

It's a funny thing, when you look at yourself and realize how, in so many little and big ways, you resemble your parents. It was father's day yesterday (I know, duh), and I was thinking about how cool it is, that I am blessed to celebrate a father who I genuinely admire, who has been the most constant part of my life, and who I share so many things with. Sometimes I look at myself and think of all the parts that make me up that I like best: my love for big laughs and being goofy, a passion for writing, my desire for good conversation, for sharing and expression, even my INFJ personality type - and I am struck by how all of those things are direct reflections of my father. My brother is the one who looks just like him, but my dad and I, we've got matching souls.

oh, and an obsessive love for Coldplay. Thanks for that, too, Dad :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment