books + photos + YOU = a fun art project

You know how you have that rando collection of books sitting on your bedside table? Some of them are current reads that you carry around with you everywhere, others are books that lull you to sleep, and some may just be favorites that you like to stare at lovingly and couldn't stand to hide away on a book shelf. I'm sort of fascinated by what a strange, eclectic collection it becomes. And that fascination has led me to start a teeny tiny little art project, and I need your help!

Here's the deal: you've got your very own strange bedside collection. I know you do. If it isn't on a bedside table, you've got a weird stack by your favorite comfy chair, or to the left of the piano, or curled away in the den. So this is what I want you to do. Take a picture of it (see my example shot below, which is in poor quality because of my not-very-awesome camera phone and the fact that my actual camera broke). E-mail it to me at emorganthompson@gmail.com. (or, to make it more convenient, if you've got a camera phone that works well, text it to me!) Then I'll collect them all up and make some sort of photo collage for this blog (and I'll maybe make some sort of guessing contest/game out of it too!)

I am also thinking of taking the images and making post cards or bookmarks or something. Whatever ends up happening, it's going to be great. So do it, because it will make me like you more :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment