on what I've been thinking about all day...

"I will mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that."

-Martin Luther King Jr

----- an addendum:
two articles I found to be interesting reads in light of current events:


2)Is God Glad Osama Bin Laden is Dead? by John Piper (thanks to Auna for posting this on facebook)

3 comments:

cole bingham said...

Your MLK quote was featured for about a year on Love Light and Melody's sight, as their rallying cry for healing Chureca. If you didn't know that, I thought you might find it interesting...

emily morgan thompson said...

hmm didn't know that...but I'm glad I do now :)

Kurt W said...

Hi there, thanks for sharing my blog post! Very kind of you!

Kurt
the Pangea Blog

Post a Comment