"it's magical. it's what art is about"

Street art is fantastic. It can be so creative, gorgeous, intriguing, disturbing, unbelievable, heart-breaking, and hilarious. I love the way it seeks to beautify communities, bringing people together even if only for a second to stand in awe of something truly unique and stunning. I just wish I saw more of it!

Here are a few neat projects/creations I find to be particularly awesome :) enjoy! and happy monday, friends!

-inflatable street monsters by Joshua Allen Harris (New York):



-check out these murals in Chureca (pictures & more info at
Love Light & Melody)


-guerrilla knitting
is pretty sweet. The knit-piece below is called "Tree-Cozy". My friend Maureen created an incredible collection of knit coverings in Charlottesville! Click that link to read a little bit about it.

-The sidewalk chalk guy is absurd. I think my mind would be blown if I were to discover one of these gems while strolling down a city street.

-a gorgeous video about a new mural in D.C. called "Scout":



-the coffee-lover in my thinks this one is phenomenal. They created an image of Mona Lisa using 3,604 coffee cups, all filled with different amounts of coffee and milk to create different color pigments. Click the link for pics.

-Click here for an article and for photos of street art by the quasi-famous, quasi-anonymous English graffiti artist named Banksy.

-I'll close with a little project anyone can be a part of! Check out this site called You Are Beautiful. I love the photos of all the little love-notes of affirmation that are painted all over the world :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment