the customer is always right

Last semester, Rachel bought an ice cream that claimed to be "bursting with chocolate chip cookie dough". To our horror, it did not live up to that expectation. Due to its shocking lack of delicious dough, Rachel wrote a complaint letter and as a result received a coupon for a free gallon of ice cream of her choice.

This is American Consumerism at its finest.

After this thrilling victory, some of our housemates got a little complaint-happy. Tonight it was my turn. See the letter below that I wrote with help from Rachel's original letter. Fingers crossed for a lifetime of free soup!

-------------

Dear ConAgra Foods,

I am writing about my experience with your Healthy Choice Cheese Tortellini Soup. The picture on the container makes your product appear as though it is full of delicious cheese tortellini. I decided to choose the Healthy Choice brand over other brands because the product was marketed in a way that made me fully confident that it was going to be satisfying and full of tortellini. I returned home with my purchased soup and eagerly anticipated eating it during this cold winter season. However, instead of being filled with warm and delicious cheese tortellini, I was shocked and disappointed by the amount of pasta inside. I found only a small handful of tortellini in a very bland and unimpressive tomato soup. It was not at all hearty as the can led me to believe. Out of all the soups in the soup aisle, I chose Healthy Choice because of the good reputation of the brand and the promises of the picture of cheesy tortellini on the front. I am disappointed that Healthy Choice did not live up to my expectations nor the advertising claims. I hope to see a change in the future and my 9 housemates and I will all be extremely hesitant to purchase anything from Healthy Choice again.

Thank you for your time,

Emily Morgan Thompson

-----------------------

pictures I am considering including in my letter:

1) this soup left me on a roller coaster of emotion.

2) this product is nothing to write home about.

3) this product did not leave me in Soup Heaven.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

this is what you do and i'm currently watching 8 mile with my roommate adam. cheers to graduating college?

Angela Williams said...

oh my goodness the roller coaster ride! I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!

Post a Comment