Lord, protect my joy

in the deepest caverns of my heart. Hide it there, away from any gust of wind, any whisper of rain. Make it echo through my bones, make it sing louder than any other sound. Let it be my greatest treasure, the light that makes me beautiful, and the gift I most adore. Let me keep it and wear it also, at the same time. Let it be my coat. Let me give it away and never run out. Let it seek me though the deepness of pain, the deepness of regret, the deepness of shame. Build it into castles to explore. And let me reach the heights of it, where everything is shades of gorgeous, and laugh out loud, in the prettiest tones, because it is too much to hold in.

Lord, protect my joy.
keep it as the peace of my soul. So during storms, when the night is deep and the waters high, with eyes on you I can walk on the ocean, run into your arms, laugh and sing because you love me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment