creating

Some of us are born to be Makers. We love to dream up new things, love to imagine, love to glue things together, love to paint pictures, love to shape words into stories and poems, love to pull sounds into music, love to twirl around in dance, love to explore emotions on stage, love to take moments and force them into the stillness of a photo. There are different types and ways to do it, but it is a beautiful thing - when you have a heart that desires to Create.

I think this is the first year that I've ever really thought about my creativity as a spiritual thing. Even simply to a prayer I prayed once and then wrote down because it sounded strangely profound to me, like something I should keep praying over and over again without cease. Father, take my heart to make meaningful things from the written word and do something meaningful with that.

And I think He will. I think He is.

Every desire I've ever had to make something beautiful or new has been a gift, and a big one at that. God never had to give us His ability to create brand new things. He could have held the title as the sole Creative entity in the universe if He wanted. But He didn't. He gave away his spirit and joy for making things. When I see something beautiful or awful or silly or lovely and am inspired to write about it, I am touching the heart of God. And I hope (desperately at times) that in some bizarre way, the Lord draws me closer to Himself through my creativity, that He shapes the purpose of my life through it. I hope when I'm frustrated, I look to Him. I hope that when I'm excited, I thank Him for the joy.

I create because He did first. I create because He passed that trait down to me - from Father to daughter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment